Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Networking "Family"

As some of you may know - I have been going through a rough time this week. That's why you'll see a lack of blog posts for the past few days.

On Saturday - my mother was rushed to the hospital and was diagnosed with severe pneumonia. She was immediately ( with her consent ) put on a ventilator on a temporary basis. Being an only child and having my mother as my best friend, these past few days have taken it's toll on me. I know in the long term , her wish would be to never live artificially so every day I go up to hospital and deal the guilt of wondering if we're doing the right thing, I watch her struggle as they try to wean her and fail and I go crazy at the fact that she cannot communicate with me in this state. It's not an easy time but thanks to my extended TNE "family" - it has been bearable.

This experience has truly taught me how networking not only affects my business world , but also my life in general. Even when I'm not asking for leads or swapping cards and am just being a loving daughter , my networking family is there to help me. They have been wonderful.

The support and caring that has been shown by my fellow TNE members is overwhelming. I have found out this week ,more so than before, the the majority of people I network with on a regular basis within TNE are great people.

They are extraordinary human beings who truly believe that treating others right, helping others and giving back create more happiness and overall success in their lives than winning a lottery ever could.

It's that principal that Keith Reynolds used to start The Networking Exchange . If he ever doubts whether what he believes is evident in TNE - I am here to tell him it's there and it shines through beautifully, The outpouring of caring thoughts and support I have received these past few days are evidence of that .
I am thankful I am surrounded by such wonderful people and thankful that TNE is home to such great business people. I know as The Networking Exchange grows , we'll find more great people out there in the world that believe that giving back is the key to success and I'm excited to be part of this great organization.

As far as my mother ,we're taking one day at a time. Tomorrow I will journey back to ICU again and watch as they try wean my mother off the ventilator again and I'll pray it works this time. I'm sure it wont be any easier tomorrow than it has been these past few days but knowing that I have my TNE family behind me, praying for my mom and supporting me as I go through this is really all I can ask for.
- Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment